Baby Boy Mangrum received his first package! It was not a birthday present for his mother, but it just happened to arrive in Waco on my birthday, which made it especially fun. Grana and Pop sent him an adorable hoody towel and a little footie that says "Team Grandpa." It is almost silly how excited a person can get over pint-sized clothing and footie pajamas.
Ben always does a great job at making me feel special on my birthday. He has always been good at that! We spent the day together doing fun things around town and then eating a steak dinner. Ben got me a new blue-ray player because our 10+ year old DVD player refused to play anymore DVDs. And, because I do prenatal yoga almost every day and I love movies, I needed a player that wouldn't eat the DVDs.
After dinner, Ben planned a surprise dessert party at a friend's house. Since I had to turn 29, at least I had fun doing it!